Free Pascal Qt4 Binding
The Free Pascal Qt4 binding allows Free Pascal to interface with the C++ Library Qt.
This binding does not cover the whole Qt4 framework but only the classes needed by the Cross Platform Lazarus IDE to use Qt as a Widget set
if you have questions or want to follow up on the latest developments: subscribe to the
Lazarus LCL/Qt Mailing List
29 Dec 2011
SSE Stack alignment fixes. Solves problems with Kde Oxygen Style Replaces V2.3
07 July 2011
More Range Check Error Fixes. Replaces V2.3
16 June 2011
Qt 4.7 support
03 Aug 2010
Qt for Maemo (N900)
19 Feb 2010
Added QScocketNotifier, QTcpServer, QUdpSocket, QPointF, QtVersion
18 Jan 2010
Qt qmake build system. qt4intf renamed to Qt4Pas
The following screenshots provide a glimpse of results achieved
Click on the thumnails for larger images.
Documentation about this Free Pascal Qt4 Binding can be found on this FPC Wiki Page
Refresh your page (F5) if you have link problems
V2.5 (Qt 4.5.X, compatible till Qt 4.8.X)
- Fixed Stack Alignment problems when Qt uses SSE.
- Qt 4.5 to Qt 4.8 support
- based on classes/methods available in Qt 4.5 but also compiles with Qt 4.8.
- and adds stack alignment compilation options when appropriate (Qt Version and Platform).
- Windows Note: Qt 4.5 and Qt 4.7 use different MinGW versions
- Different c++ compiler and dll dependancies
- You cannot use the binding binary compiled for one with the other
- Qt 4.7 binaries from Nokia, require a binding binary compiled with -mstackrealign, note that the Qt 4.5 MinGW compiler does not know nor accepts this compiler option
- Linux Note: In general, due to binary compatibility differences between the
different c++ compilers of the different Linux distributions, you should
not use the provided binaries but compile yourself the binding on your
distribution. The binaries are just provided for convenience but may not
work on your specific distribution.
- Mac OsX Note: The provided binary was created with XCode 3 as XCode 4
is not available for free.
- Linux X11 / Linux Qt-Embedded
V2.2 (Maemo 5 Qt 4.6.2 for N900 PR 1.2)
Maemo Binding Instructions
The Lazarus LCL/Qt code still needs a patch,
coordination is in progress.
Lazarus LCL/Qt WebKit demo
This demo implements a very basic browser,
and provides sample code for cookies, proxy, authentication, flash enabling ...
Needs Binding >= V1.72 (lazarus svn 21913)
Download LCL WebKit Demo