Photos and Descriptions:
Steel Pulleys Types A and B:
This is typical stamped steel construction. All sizes have set screw
and standard keyway. For list of available sizes refer to catagory A type or B type in the on-line catalog.
Small size pulley
Large size pulley
Drive Pulleys - fastened to shaft with set screw and key - used to transmit power with belt and to change speed
Note: The A type pulleys accommodate the 4L or A (1/2 inch wide) belts; the B type pulleys accommodate the 5L or B (5/8 inch wide) belts. Some A type pulleys will also accommodate a 3L (1/2 inch wide)belt, and some B type pulleys will also accommodate the 4L belt. The smaller belts ride deeper in the groove.
|Solid Steel Pulley |
Machined from bar stock. Sizes 2 and 2 1/2 inches OD come with standard keyway. Smaller sizes have set screw but no keyway. Available sizes are listed on on-line catalog catagory A type or B type as Machined
| Cast Iron - Fixed Bore |
Good for heavy duty applications. Select catagory Cast Iron Pulleys to view on-line catalog listing available sizes.
|Cast Pulleys - Bushed Bore Type|
- use with bushings described below.
Bushings for use with cast iron bushed bore type pulleys. Bushings are split taper bore H type - fastened to the pulley with bolts. - include standard keyway.
Photos and Descriptions:
Standard Flat Idler
- from 2 to 7.75 inches OD- made with steel stampings and precision ground sealed bearing. Standard bore is 5/8 inch which can be reduced with bushings. Refer to bushing listed below.
Idler pulley - Used to take-up slack, clutching, change drive
orentation, etc. Constructed with ball bearings (5/8 bore idlers are
made with heavy duty precision ball bearings). 3/8 bore idlers do not
have heavy duty bearings but are suitable for many lawn & garden
Note: Idler bushings are to be used only with idler pulleys
|Economy Flat Idler |
- from 2 to 4.5 inches OD with 3/8 inch bore. Refer to Flat Idler catagory of catalog.
|Composite Idler Pulleys
- precision molded fiberglass / nylon flat and V type idlers for reducted belt wear - resists oils, gasoline, fertilizer, etc.Includes both A and B types.
|Standard V Idler |
- V groove idlers from 3 to 7 inches in diameter -made with steel stampings and precision ground sealed bearing. Includes both A and B types. Standard bore is 5/8 inch which can be reduced with bushings. Refer to bushing listed below.
|Economy V Idlers |
- from 2 5/8 to 4 inches OD with 3/8 inch bore. Refer to catalog V Idlers for available sizes.
|Sprocket Idlers |
- heavy duty stamped steel construction. Refer to Sprocket Idler catagory of on-line catalog for available sizes.
To be used only with idler pulleys
Go to phoenix-mfg.com
Copyright 2000 by Phoenix Manufacturing Company, Inc , Delaware, Ohio