Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Tig Tag Toe
So far I've been pretty succesful at dodging incoming memes, but a couple of days ago an Americo-Norwegian offensive finally hit the mark. My mission, should I choose to accept it, is to:
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Mention 'Da Rules'.
- Tell six unspectacular quirks of yours.
- Tag six bloggers by linking.
- Leave a comment for each blogger.
Telling six unspectacular things about me is of course very difficult, since I am such an interesting person – I'm sure you'll all agree, so further discussion is not necessary thank you. After several days of brainstorming, I came up with the following un-noteworthy facts:
- I categorically refused to wear any Jeans until I was about 15. Now you'll rarely see me wearing anything else.
- I don't like deserts, or sweet things in general. I hardly ever eat candy or chocolate. When I went to my freshmen year at university, my loving mum gave me a bag of mini candy bars. A year later, when they came to clean out my dorm room, my brother discovered to his absolute horror the untouched bag in my closet.
- Despite the previous fact, I drink Coca Cola by the bucket. Don't try to sell me any other brand, and none of that vile light stuff either!
- If I go somewhere for the first time, I'll prefer to walk the whole end instead of taking a bus or a tram, even if it's a really long way and I could be there by public transport in 10 minutes. I don't mind walking for an hour or so.
- Although I seriously wanted to become a fighter pilot (did the exam, flunked), I never flew in an airplane before I was 19. That was just a couple of weeks before I did the exam.
- I worked in a hamburger restaurant for eight years during the summer holidays and the last couple of years also during weekends. I still dream about making hamburgers from time to time. Despite the psychological side-effects, I'm still very fond about burgers.
Voilà, I think that went well for a first time. Now to find six poor innocent victims – come to think of it, don't know if I really know any innocent people. Let's see...
- Blandwagon, although he's probably too sophisticated to play along with silly games like these. But then he lives on the other side of the planet, so the chances of him taking physical revenge are remote.
- Maureen, for the same reason as above: danger = 1/distance.
- Lady Daphne is precisely the person to handle such a delicate social conondrum.
- Sim, because she needs to update her blog more often.
- Alcyon – no need to let the english speaking bloggers suffer alone.
- Mrs.T who went away and came back and went away and came back again while she shouldn't move that much and be careful with that back/pelvis/spine/leg/other leg/neck of hers.
So the rest of you can breathe easy again.