Adding portfolio items
The Portfolio Items menu option on the left is where you add portfolio items. To add a new portfolio item, select the Portfolio Items > Add New option from the left hand WordPress menu. The format of each portfolio
item that you wish to create, follows the same rules as the post types. Take a look at the next section for more info. When you create a new portfolio item, you need to setup a few more options.
- Excerpt: The summary of your portfolio item's content that will be shown when you add it as content to your pages.
- Link Type: Your portfolio item can link to a
- Default Link: the single portfolio page of the theme.
- Page: a page that you have created.
- Post: a post that you have posted.
- Portfolio: another portfolio item that you have created.
- Category: a category of posts.
- URL: an external URL.
- Portfolio Swatch: Choose a color scheme for the portfolio item. On how to set color swatches, take a look at the Color swatches section.
- Portfolio Template: Choose the template that you wish your single-portfolio page to be styled with
- Big Image: Will add a full width header to the top of the page, which will contain the featured image, Header Title & Description, with the skill list on the right side.
- Smaller Image: Will create a header with a smaller image, Header Title, Description and link on the right side of the image.
- Fullwidth Page Template: Allows you to create your own page using sections, just like a regular full width page.
- Top Navigation: If On, navigation through the portfolio items is possible from the single-portfolio page.
- Small template side text: Text will appear in single portfolio small template on the right side of the page.
- External url: Link will appear in the single portfolio item underneath the skills list.
- Categories The portfolio items can be grouped into categories.
- Features: The items of the Features list that will appear on the right side of the template.
- Feature image feature image of the portfolio item
It is suggested that the portfolio images that you use are of size
1200x600. Images are cropped out to dimensions that require at least a
600pxwidth to be properly adjusted.
Portfolio item types
Angle supports the following three portfolio item types:
- Standard: Used for text only (you should add featured image as well. All portfolio items should have a feature image).
- Gallery: Used for portfolio items with a gallery included. If you wish to add a gallery to your post, follow these steps
- press the Add Media button above the editor
- click on the Create Gallery option on the left-side menu
- pick the images that you wish to add to the gallery by clicking on them
- click on the Create a new gallery button
- a tag with the ids of the images that you selected should now be inserted in the text
- Video: Used for posts with a video. If you wish to add a video to your post, add the embed tag with the video URL as content. For example,
[embed]http://www.myurlvideo.com [/embed]. Youtube and vimeo video types are supported
Single Portfolio item templates
Angle includes three different templates to use for your portfolio item single page:
- Big Image - Will add a full width header to the top of the page which will contain the featured image, Header Title & Description with the skill list on the right side.
- Smaller Image - Will create a header with a smaller image and Header Title, Description and link on the right side of the image.
- Full Width Page - Allows you to create your own page using sections, just like a regular full width page.
Adding portfolios to a page
If you wish to add a portfolio section to your page, once you have created an empty row, follow these steps
- press the Add element button of the Visual Composer and choose the Portfolio element. Now you can edit the portfolio
- Category: the categories of the portfolios that you wish to be shown(to pick more than one, hold down the ctrl button while clicking on the categories).
- Number of portfolio items to display (per page if pagination is on ): set the number of portfolio items to display(per page).
- Portfolio Columns: set the number of columns to show the portfolio in.
- Use pagination: set option to Simple or Infinite if you want to split your portfolio items in pages.
- Shape: choose the portfolio image shape.
- Shadow: show or hide shadows.
- Show Title: display the portfolio title.
- Show Excerpt: display the portfolio excerpt.
- Overlay: show overlay on hover.
- Portfolio Filters: show filter navigation.
General portfolio settings
The general settings for the portfolios can be found in Angle>Portfolio
- Show related items: Toggle the display of the related items section in the single portfolio pages.
- Related items title: Related items title that is shown on single portfolio page above releated items.
- Related items Swatch: Swatch color for the related items in single portfolio page.
- Related items Section Decoration: Decoration style for the related items section.
- Related items Shape: Shape for images for the related items in single portfolio page.
- Related items Shadow: Toggle the visibility of flat shadows for the related items.
- Image Width: Width of each portfolio item image (default 800px).
- Image Height: Height of each portfolio item image (default 600px).
- Image Cropping: Option to crop images to the exact proportions.