Useless Publications unlimited
We got away with words
Useless Publications unlimited was well-established publishing firm that lost a lot of its impact when, form 1995 on, the so-called "World Wide Web" gained popularity. The core activity of Useless Publications, i.e. the publishing of all sorts of accessiele (pseudo)-scientific information about life, the universe and the rest, was quickly rendered obsolete by the huge ammounts of similarly useless publications on "the Web".
Useless Publications tried to put a stop to its decline by becoming a dotcom - the company is now only represented by some useless publications on the world wide web.
- The ultimate way of Driving : - unknown, June 2001.
A personal reflection on the many aspects of owning and driving a Citroen 2CV, aka 2PK or 'mijn geit'.
- How to Become a Hacker in 2473 easy lessons : The Hacker Library
- What is "Hacking" ?
- Fake Linux
- How to pretend you know "Linux"
- Your best bet : Russian Roulette
- Probability to survive a game of Russian Roulette, compared to the odds of winning at roulette, slot machines, and poker.
- My Way on the Highway : Slipstream Surfing
- Applied Physics : using slipstream for better performance in traffic.
- Brain in Gear - No Need for Speed
- How to outrun faster and more powerful cars with a little help from Newtonian physics and Pythagoras' trigonometry.
- A Question of Multiple Choice
- How to beat the odds and pass a multiple choice test effortlessly - in a scientific manner.
- Getting it straight : building on wrong assumptions
- About the scientific impossibility to build a house with level floors, straight walls and right angles. Exploring scientific lies about vertical and horizontal lines and how architects and construction engineers pretend that the earth is flat.
- Blues for Nerds
- Can computers have the blues ? Can nerds play the blues ? What are the mathematical and physical principles behind western music - and why does blues sound blue ?
- The Writing on the Wall : evocation of a late 20th century art form
- Inleiding in the denkologie,
- (c) 1992 e.v.
Dutch version only. Inleiding in de denkologie, Conrad Nolens. Introduction by K. Van Duivendam.
You may also like ...