CPU 1 Performance - Planet Simulation
CPU 1 Performance - PlanetPP Simulation
- The four Performance numbers with program Planet are:
- 5603, 7648, 6461 and 5052
- The four Performance numbers with program PlanetPP are:
- 5756, 8125, 6828 and 7575
Those numbers reflect the number of iterations in one second. The more the better
What those numbers indicate that the performance of program PlanetPP is the best.
What those numbers also indicate is that the optimum performance is reached with 2 Processors.
CPU 2 Performance - Planet Simulation
CPU 1 i5
CPU 2 P4 2.8
The best performance for CPU 2 is with the program PlanetS
- The performance numbers for CPU 2 of the three programs Planet, PlanetPP and PlanetS are:
- 7096, 7631 and 7749
If you compare the best result of CPU2 (the number 7749) with CPU1 than CPU1 only outperforms CPU2 when 2 Processors are used with program PlanetPP (the number 8125) . In all the other cases CPU2 is better. This result is remarkable.
- CPU 1 is a "two core" / "4 thread" I5 2.53, which supports parallel programming
- CPU 2 is a "single core" / "1 thread" P4 2.8 , which does not support parallel programming
Back to CPU Performance - Benchmark part 2