- 4 Red Bell Peppers
- 2 cloves Garlic, cut into thin slivers
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 4 Tbs. (1/4 cup) Olive Oil
- 8 Scallops
- 3 Tbs. Pesto (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- Lettuce Leaves and fresh Basil for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350-F degrees and select a roasting pan that
- will accommodate the peppers.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and clear their centers of
- seeds. Rinse well and pat dry. Place the peppers cut side up
- in the selected roasting pan.
- Distribute the slivered garlic evenly between the eight pepper
- halves. Season each pepper half with salt and black pepper to
- taste. Drizzle a bit of the olive oil over each pepper, then
- roast for about 40 minutes.
- Remove the roasted peppers from the oven and place a
- scallop in the center of each portion. Cover the scallop with a
- dab of pesto and return the roasting pan to the oven for about
- 10 minutes more.
- To serve, transfer individual portions consisting of two
- pepper halves to plates and garnish with a sprinkling of fresh
- Parmesan cheese, a few small greens, and fresh basil sprigs.
- Kitchen Staff Tip: To prepare your pesto from scratch,
- simply combine 1 cup lemon basil leaves, 1 cup sweet basil
- leaves, 1/2 cup crushed pecans, 1/4 cup freshly grated
- parmesan cheese, 2 to 4 cloves of minced garlic, and about
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a food processor or blender.
- Makes about one cup, and leftovers can be frozen for up to
This page is made by Pascal Meijer