Crabmeat and Cheese Triangles
- 3 pounds fresh crabmeat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper -- to taste
- 6 ounces (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter -- softened
- 1 loaf thinly sliced white or whole wheat bread
- 28 pieces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Drain the crabmeat, discard any shell, and squeeze lightly to remove excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the mustard and parsley.
- Carefully and quickly fold in the crabmeat.
- Taste for seasoning and correct with salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover the bowl and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Divide the bread slices into two stacks.
- Carefully spread a thin layer of butter on one side of all the pieces in one stack, and arrange the bread, buttered side down, on parchment- or plastic-covered baking sheets.
- Place piece of Swiss cheese on top, spread evenly with 2 tablespoons of the crabmeat mixture, and top with another slice of cheese.
- Butter the other stack of bread and place 1 piece, buttered side out, on top of each sandwich.
- If not grilling immediately, set aside in the refrigerator. 4. In a large, heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat, grill the sandwiches, in batches, until golden on one side, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip over and grill on the other side. Re
This page is made by Pascal Meijer