Sherry Chiffon Pie
- dash salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup sherry
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons plain gelatine
- ¼ cup cold milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1-9 inch baked pie shell or graham cracker crust
- ¾ cup whipped cream
- Add salt to egg yolks, and beat until thick.
- Add sherry and 1/3 cup sugar, and beat well.
- Cook in double boiler until mixture coats spoon, remove from heat.
- Soften gelatine in cold milk, add to hot mixture.
- Stir until gelatine dissolves. Chill until partially set. Stiffly beat egg whites, and slowly beat in ¼ cup sugar and vanilla. Fold into custard, and pour into crust. Chill until set. Spread with whipped cream.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer