COCKTAIL CHEESE BALLS
- 8 oz Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/4 c Plain nonfat yogurt
- 4 oz Shredded reduced-fat 40%-less-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 oz Shredded reduced-fat Swiss-cheese
- 2 ts Grated onion
- 2 ts Prepared horseradish
- 1 ts Country-style Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 c Chopped fresh parsley
- Combine Nuefchatel cheese and yogurt in a large mixing bowl, beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients, stir well.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Shape cheese mixture into a ball, and sprinkle with parsley.
- Press parsley gently into cheese ball.
- Wrap cheese ball in heavy-duty plastic wrap and chill.
- Serve with assorted unsalted crackers.
- NOTE: Prepare this crowd-pleasing appetizer up to a week ahead, if necessary. If you make the cheese ball more than a day ahead, wait until party time to add parsley. Yield 2 cups (about 39 calories per tablespoon).
This page is made by Pascal Meijer