Roasted fennel & pear salad
- 2 firm but ripe pears, halved, cored
- 1 medium fennel bulb (about 8 ounces, cored, quartered
- 1 t. olive oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 6 cups (packed) mixed greens
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Arrange pears, cut side up, in 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish, add fennel.
- Drizzle olive oil and chicken broth over pears and fennel.
- Roast 10 minutes.
- Turn pears and fennel over and roast until pears are just tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer pears to plate.
- Continue roasting fennel until tender, about 15 minutes longer.
- Transfer fennel to plate with pears, reserving any cooking liquid.
- Thinly slice fennel and 2 pear halves lengthwise.
- Cool completely.
- Peel remaining 2 pear halves.
- Transfer peeled pears to processor.
- Add reserved cooking liquid and vinegar to processor and blend until very smooth.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper. Divide greens among 4 plates. Top with fennel and pear slices. Drizzle some dressing over each salad. Serve, passing remaining dressing separately.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer