- Romaine Lettuce
- 3 Leeks
- 1 large Tomato
- 1 tsp. Sweet Basil
- 1 tsp. Chervil
- The Heel of a Loaf of Bread, plain or flavored
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Tear up the romaine lettuce and place it in a large bowl.
- Coarsely chop the white parts of the leeks and add them to the bowl with the lettuce.
- Cut the tomato into wedges and add them to the bowl.
- Sprinkle the salad mixings with the sweet basil and chervil.
- To prepare a "chapon" of bread, take the heel of a loaf of bread and rub it with the crushed clove of garlic that has been dipped in salt.
- Dress the bread slice with olive oil, a splash of vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- Place the chapon, whole, on top of the salad until you`re ready to serve. To serve, tear or cut the chapon of bread into small pieces, so each portion of the salad is seasoned with the robust flavorings of the chapon.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer