Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds medium mushrooms -- cleaned
- 3/4 pound bulk hot pork sausage
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Chop the stems and set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, thoroughly brown sausage.
- With slotted spoon, place sausage on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Spoon off all but 4 tablespoons of sausage drippings from skillet.
- Cook mushroom stems in drippings over medium heat (about 10 minutes).
- Remove skillet from heat, and stir in the sausage, cheese, and bread crumbs. Preheat oven to 450°. Fill caps with sausage mixture. Place stuffed mushrooms in jelly roll pan and bake 15 minutes.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer