- 36 large Jalapeno chilies -- roasted
- 1/2 pound Cooked -- peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Prepared chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons Minced capers
- 2 teaspoons Minced green onions
- 2 teaspoons Minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika -- salt & fresh ground
- 1 3/4 cups All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Beer -- room temp
- 2 Eggs -- room temp
- 3 tablespoons Minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Catsup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Using small, sharp knife, cut 1 1/2 inch slit at stem end on side of each chili.
- Scrape out seeds, do not tear stems.
- Rinse out chilies.
- Drain on towels.
- Mix next 9 ingredients.
- Season filling with salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 1 t into each chili (do not overstuff, chili should close).
- Arrange chilies on baking sheet.
- Heat 3/4 inch peanut oil in heavy large skillet to 350 degrees.
- Blend in remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Dredge each chili in mixture, coating completely. Add chilies to skillet (in batches, do not crowd) and fry until golden brown, turning once, about five minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer