- 1 med. size eggplant (12 oz. - 375 gm.)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Grill eggplant over charcoal fire or place over center shelf in hot oven (375-400 degrees) on a baking dish.
- Bake until soft, after 1/2 hour check if it is soft by poking with a fork.
- You can also cook in the microwave for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wait till it cools, then peel off the stem, or chop ends off and remove skin by sliding off.
- Chop up entire eggplant, and puree in blender or mash with fork until creamy.
- Mix rest of ingredients in and continue pureeing or mashing. Adjust lemon juice and salt to taste. Garnish with parsley if desired however remember that too much consumption of parsley may be carcinogenic
This page is made by Pascal Meijer