BRIE EN CROUTE
- 16 oz Brie wheel
- 4 oz Mushrooms, shiitake
- Butter- for sauteing
- 1/4 ts Tarragon
- 2 Garlic clove
- 2 oz Wine
- 1/2 lb Filo
- Also, baked Brie is fabulous.
- If you want to get fancy with the brie, saut# some mushrooms with tarragon, garlic and a bit of wine until the mixture is almost dry (the mushrooms should be sliced or chopped, by the by), take a wheel of brie, slice it in half,
- put the mushroom mix in the middle, and wrap it in phyllo or puff pastry (the frozen puff pastry works fine).
- Put in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm everything up.
- At this point, it can be moved to the fridge and kept until needed.
- Bake it in a moderate oven until the puff pastry browns.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes before cutting. You can also use puff pasty scraps to cut out little leaves and stuff to put on top of the whole thing for decoration. This is best with the small wheels, about 5 inches in diameter.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer