- 3/4 lb Ground pork or beef
- 1/3 c Dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 c Dried apricots -- finely
- 1 t Soy sauce
- 1/2 t Five-spice powder
- 1/4 t Garlic powder
- 1 lg Egg
- SPICY APRICOT GLAZE
- 1/2 c Apricot preserves
- 1/3 c Stir-fry or sweet-and-sour
- 1/4 T Five-spice powder
- FOR APRICOT-PORK MEATBALLS: Heat oven to 350 .
- Mix all ingredients except Spicy Apricot Glaze.
- Shape mixture into 20 meatballs.
- Place in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until no longer pink center, drain well.
- (If using Do-Ahead Tip, stop here).
- Prepare Spicy Apricot Glaze.
- Serve with meatballs.
- FOR SPICY APRICOT GLAZE: Mix all ingredients in 1-quart saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- DO AHEAD TIP: Place drained cooked meatballs in single layer on cookie sheet.
- Freeze uncovered about 1 hour or until firm.
- Place meatballs in labeled airtight freezer container.
- Freeze no longer than two months.
- Apout 30 minutes before serving, heat oven to 400 . Place meatballs in single layer in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until hot. Prepare Spicy Apricot Glaze. Serve with meatballs.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer