Crispy Rattlesnake Coils
- 1 Rattlesnake- cut in strips
- Salt & Pepper
- PREPARATION Cut rattlesnake into 8" strips about 1/4" thick.
- Salt and pepper lightly.
- Put flour into a container that can be covered.
- Add strips.
- Refrigerate for about two hours.
- This will allow the flour to become sticky and while the Crisco is heating in a deep fryer, pull the pieces apart and re-flour the pieces again.
- Add flour if necessary.
- When the Crisco shortening is hot, add only enough snake strips so that all pieces are covered by the hot grease.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Dump into a container that has been prewarmed in the oven.
- Continue frying the rest of the rattlesnake strips.
- NOTE: The fried rattlesnake strips will appear to be coiled! SERVING Use a basket lined with a cloth napkin.
- Add the fried, coiled snake pieces. Cover with the napkin. REMARKS This is an untested recipe! Directions are duplicated from a restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona
This page is made by Pascal Meijer