CHEESE CHILI BITES
- 1 c All-purpose flour
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts Dry mustard
- 1/2 ts Hot chili powder
- 1 lg Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c Butter or margarine
- 1/2 c Finely grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tb Cold water
- 1 tb Sesame seeds
- 1 tb Poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 400`F.
- Sift flour, salt and spices into a bowl.
- Cut in butter finely until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add grated cheese and mix well.
- Mix egg with cold water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of egg mixture to cheese mixture and mix to form a fairly stiff dough.
- Knead gently on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough to a 12x6" rectangle.
- Trim edges.
- Cut in half lengthwise and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Breush each half with remaining egg mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 half with sesame seeds and the other half with poppy seeds.
- Cut each half in 10 triangles and separate slightly to prevent sticking. Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes or until light golden and cooked through. Cool on a wire rack.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer