- 4 lb Small mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tb Salt
- 4 c Boiling water
- 1 3/4 c Water
- 2 ea Bay leaves
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 15 ea Peppercorns
- 2 1/2 tb Salt
- 3/4 c Vinegar
- Cut the mushroom stems off at the cap level.
- Place the heads in boiling salted water.
- Simmer till they sink to the bottom.
- Boil marinade water with peppercorns and bay leaves for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and sugar. Stir till dissolved. Add the vinegar, bring to a boil. Place the mushrooms in small jars. Cover with hot marinade. Close the jars. Keep refrigerated. Use for canapes and salads, or as appetizers.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer