Hawaiian Chicken Triangles
- 1/2 cup butter -- softened
- 2 tablespoons crushed candied ginger
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple -- well drained
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 slices pullman loaf white or egg bread* -- cut 1/2" thick
- 4 ounces cream cheese -- softened
- 1/2 cup chopped mint**
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Special equipment: Pastry bag with star tip, 4-inch round cookie cutter (a handy substitute is a 1-pound coffee can).
- Combine the butter with the candied ginger and blend thoroughly, set aside.
- Combine chicken, pineapple, walnuts and mayonnaise.
- Blend thoroughly and set aside.
- Cut the bread into 8 4-inch rounds with the cookie cutter.
- Spread each round with a thin layer of ginger butter, reserving enough for garnish.
- Spread an even layer of the chicken mixture on four rounds and cover with the remaining four rounds to make four sandwiches.
- Cut each round into 8 equal triangles.
- Spread the rounded edges of the triangles with the remaining ginger butter and dip in the chopped mint.
- To garnish each triangle, combine cream cheese with turmeric. Blend well and place into a star-tipped pastry bag. Pipe a yellow star in the center of each triangle. Arrange on a platter and refrigerate until serving time. Makes 32.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer