- 1 Boston Lettuce, Wash, Dried
- 1/2 lb Fresh Spinach, Wash, Dried
- 1 c Scallion, Minced
- 2 3/4 c Dry Bread Crumbs, Fine
- 1/2 c Fresh Parsley, Minced
- 1/4 c Celery, Minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 c Unsalted Butter
- 2 tb Pernod
- 1 tb Anchovy Paste
- 1/8 ts Cayenne Pepper
- 12 Slices Lean Bacon
- 36 lg Oysters In Shells
- Coarse Salt For Platters
- Lemon Wedges
- Shuck oysters, reserving liquor and bottom shells.
- Scrub and dry shells.
- In a bowl, combine lettuce, spinach, scallion, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, parsley, celery, and garlic.
- In a skillet, met butter over moderate heat and cook the spinach mixture, stirring for 1-2 minutes, or until greens are wilted.
- Stir in the Pernod, anchovy paste, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill the mixture, covered, for 1 hour.
- In another skillet, cook bacon over moderate heat until crisp.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain, and then crumble it.
- Arrange one oyster in each of the reserved shells and moisten each with some of the reserved liquor.
- Spread half the spinach mixture by heaping tablespoons onto the oysters.
- Sprinkle bacon over each oyster.
- Top the bacon with remaining spinach mixture and sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp of remaining bread crumbs.
- Arrange oysters on an oven proof platters filled with coarse salt. Bake in the middle of a preheated 450øF oven for 18 minutes or until bread crumbs are well browned. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wed
This page is made by Pascal Meijer