- Rock salt
- 12 md Oysters in shells
- 2 tb Finely chopped onion
- 2 tb Snipped parsley
- 2 tb Finely chopped celery
- 1/4 c Margarine or butter
- 1/2 c Chopped fresh or frozen
- -spinach, partially thawed
- -and drained
- 1/8 c Dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 7 dr Red pepper sauce
- ds Ground anise
- Fill three pie plates, 9x 1 1/4 inches, 1/2 inch deep with rock salt, sprinkle with water.
- Scrub oysters in shells under running cold water.
- Break off thin end of shell with hammer.
- Force a table knife or shucking knife between halves of the shell at broken end, pull apart.
- Cut oyster at muscle to separate from shell.
- Remove any bits of shell.
- Place oyster on deep half of shell, discard other half Arrange filled shells on rock salt base.
- Heat oven to 450F.
- Cook and stir onion, parsley and celery in margarine until onion is tender.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon spinach mixture onto oyster in each shell.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- 2 servings, 355 calories per serving.
- Oysters Parmesan: Omit spinach mixture.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon dairy sour cream onto oyster in each shell.
- Mix 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup cracker crumbs,1/+ cup margarine or butter, melted, and 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard. Spoon about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture onto each oyster.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer