- 1 ea Boston lettuce, washed, drie
- 1 c Scallion, minced
- 1/2 c Fresh parsley, minced
- 3 ea Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T Pernod
- 1/8 t Cayenne pepper
- 36 ea Lg Oysters in shells
- 1 x Lemon wedges
- 1/2 lb Fresh spinach, washed, dried
- 2 3/4 c Dry bread crumbs, fine
- 1/4 c Celery, minced
- 1 c Unsalted butter
- 1 T Anchovy paste
- 12 ea Sl Bacon, lean
- 1 x Coarse salt for platters
- Shuck oysters, reserving liquor and bottom shells.
- Scrub and dry shells.
- In a bowl, combine lettuce, spinach, scallion, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, parsley, celery, and garlic.
- In a skillet, met butter over moderate heat and cook the spinach mixture, stirring for 1-2 minutes, or until greens are wilted.
- Stir in the Pernod, anchovy paste, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill the mixture, covered, for 1 hour.
- In another skillet, cook bacon over moderate heat until crisp.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain, and then crumble it.
- Arrange one oyster in each of the reserved shells and moisten each with some of the reserved liquor.
- Spread half the spinach mixture by heaping tablespoons onto the oysters.
- Sprinkle bacon over each oyster.
- Top the bacon with remaining spinach mixture and sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp of remaining bread crumbs.
- Arrange oysters on an oven proof platters filled with coarse salt. Bake in the middle of a preheated 450f oven for 18 minutes or until bread crumbs are well browned. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wedg
This page is made by Pascal Meijer