- 10 ounces Canned white albacore tuna -- packed in oil, drain
- 1 cup Butter -- softened
- 2 To 3 drops lemon juice
- 2 To 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 10 medium Shrimp, cooked -- shelled and
- 3 tablespoons Coarsely chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons Drained tiny capers
- An inspired and inexpensive seafood hors d`oeuvre.
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste Combine tuna, butter, lemon juice and Tabasco in a food processor or blender, process until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, add shrimp, pimiento and capers, mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, taste and adjust seasoning (pate must be highly seasoned).
- Pack into a well-oiled 3-cup loaf pan or mold, chill 24 hours.
- To serve, let stand 30 minutes at room temperature, unmold on a plate. Garnish with parsley or watercress sprigs and sliced stuffed olives. Serve with buttered toast rounds. *Do not substitute water-packed tuna
This page is made by Pascal Meijer