- 1/2 lb Veal or pork stew meat
- 3/4 lb Liver
- 1/2 lb Bacon- diced
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tb Chopped fresh sage
- 2 tb Minced garlic
- 1/4 ts Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c Dry white wine
- Call this an American pate, if you like.
- Serve it with sour pickles, brown mustard and pumpernickel bread.
- COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS in a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, grind the mixture twice using a meat grinder fitted with a large die.
- Or pulse until well combined, but not too smooth, in a food processor.
- Place the mixture in a loaf pan, cover tightly, place the loaf pan in a water bath, and place in preheated 375F oven until done, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from the oven, unmold and serve immediately. Or place the loaf under a 3-pound weight, let cool to room temperature and then chill in refrigerator before serving.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer