CURRIED CHICKEN LIVER PATE
- 3/4 c Butter
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, chopped
- 8 oz Chicken livers
- 2 t Curry powder
- 1/2 c Chicken stock
- 2 Hard-boiled eggs, shelled
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 pn Cayenne pepper
- Fresh bay leaves (opt)
- Lemon slices (opt)
- Crusty bread
- Melt 1/2 of butter in a skillet.
- Add onion, garlic and chicken livers and cook gently 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in curry powder and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and cook gently 5 minutes, stirring and turning livers frequently.
- In a blender or food processor, process chicken liver mixture and hard-boiled eggs to a smooth puree.
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Turn mixture into a serving dish or terrine.
- Smooth surface. Melt remaining butter in a saucepan and pour over surface of pate. Let set slightly, then garnish with bay leaves and lemon pieces, if desired. Chill several hours or overnight before serving with bread.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer