BASIC FISH MOUSSE
- 1/2 lb Whitefish fillets
- 1/2 lb Cooked lobster
- 2 tb Finely diced onion
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 2 tb Brandy
- 1 tb Tomato paste
- 1/2 c Egg whites
- 3/4 c Whipping cream
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350F.
- Combine whitefish, lobster, onion, salt, brandy and tomato paste in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the egg whites and blend until incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cream until incorporated.
- Divide the mousse between buttered ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a water bath, cover and place in oven for 20 minutes. To serve, turn the contents of each ramekin out onto a warm plate, spoon some Hollandaise-based sauce over each mousse and serve immediately.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer