- 1 ea Stick of butter
- 1 ea Large onion, chopped
- 2 tb Bacon drippings
- 1 qt Cooked pinto beans
- 8 oz Provolone cheese
- 5 ea Jalapenos, chopped
- 2 ea Clove garlic, chopped
- 1 ds Salt
- Melt butter in large pan, add onions and saute them until soft.
- Add bacon drippings.
- Add beans and mash, adding bean juice if needed.
- Cook over low heat mashing and stirring until desired consistency is reached.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Taste for seasonings, adding reserved jalapeno juice if needed.
- Serve in a chafing dish with tostados or corn chips. Can be frozen or stored in refrigerator. Hint - this dip is much better if it is made the day before. If you do, warm over low heat before serving.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer