OVEN-BAKED CRAB CAKES - THE SEA GRILL
- 5 c Cornflakes
- 1/2 c Mayonnaise
- 2 tb Dijon mustard
- 2 ts Old Bay seasoning
- 1/8 ts Cayenne
- 2 lg Egg yolks
- 2 lb Jumbo lump crab meat,
- Picked over
- 1/2 Stick (1/4 cup) unsalted
- Butter, softened
- In a food procesor pulse cornflakes until ground coarse, and spread in a shallow baking pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay seasoning, cayenne and yolks, and then add crabmeat, salt and pepper to taste, tossing mixture gently but thoroughly.
- With a 1/4-cup measure form a crab mixture into slightly flattened rounds about 2 1/2 inches wide and 3/4-inch thick and gently coat crab cakes with cornflakes, transferring as coated to a wax-paper-lined baking sheet.
- Chill crab cakes, covered with plastic wrap, at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Transfer crab cakes to a large baking sheet. Put about 1/2 teaspoon butter on each crab cake and bake in middle of oven until crisp and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve crab cakes with tartar sauce.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer