Roquefort Cheesecake (Bon Appetit/july 1983)
- 1 1/2 tb Butter (for pan) 1/2 lb Roquefort cheese
- 1/2 c Breadcrumbs, toasted 4 Eggs
- 1/4 c Freshly grated Parmesan 1/3 c Whipping cream
- 1/2 lb Sliced bacon 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 Medium onion, minced 2 To 3 drops hot
- pepper sauce
- 1 3/4 lb Cream cheese, room temp.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Butter 9" springform pan.
- Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- Sprinkle mixture in pan, turning to coat.
- Fry bacon in heavy medium skillet until crisp.
- Remove from pan using tongs and drain on paper towel.
- Pour off all but about 1 T bacon fat form skillet.
- Add onion.
- Cover and cook over low heat until translucent, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Crumble bacon.
- Mix cream cheese and Roquefort in blender or processor until smooth.
- Add eggs, cream, salt and pepper sauce and process until smooth.
- Blend in bacon and onion, filling should retain some texture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Set pan in roasting pan.
- Add enough hot water to come halfway up sides of springofrm. Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes. Turn oven off and cool cheesecake about 1 hour with door ajar. Transfer to rack. Cool to room temp. before removing from pan and serving.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer