CREAMY SMOKED SALMON & DILL TART
- 5 Filo sheet -- thawed
- 3 tb Butter, unsalted -- melted
- 4 lg Egg yolks
- 1 tb Dijon mustard -- PLUS
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 3 lg Eggs
- 1 c Half and half
- 1 c Whipping cream
- 6 oz Smoked salmon -- chopped
- 4 Scallion -- chopped
- 1/4 c Dill, fresh -- chopped, OR
- 1 tb Dill, dried
- Dill sprigs
- Generously butter 9-1/2-inch diameter deep-dish pie plate.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface (cover remaining pieces with plastic wrap, then with clean damp towel).
- Brush phyllo sheet with butter and fold in half lengthwise.
- Brush folded surface with butter.
- Cut in half cross- wise.
- Place 1 phyllo rectangle, buttered side down, in prepared pie plate, covering bottom and letting pastry overhang 1 section of edge by 1/2-inch.
- Brush top of phyllo in pie plate with butter.
- Place second phyllo rectangle in pie plate, covering bottom and letting pastry over- hang another section of edge by 1/2-inch, brush with butter.
- Repeat process with remaining 4 phyllo sheets, making certain entire surface of edge is covered to form crust.
- Fold overhang under to form crust edge flush with edge of pie plate.
- Brush crust edges with butter.
- (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk yolks and mustard in medium bowl to blend. Beat in eggs, half and half, cream, salmon, onions and chopped dill. Season to taste with salt a
This page is made by Pascal Meijer