- 2 cups Extra sharp Cheddar cheese -- grated (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine -- softened (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups Martha White All-Purpose -- Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Beat cheese and butter in mixing bowl until blended.
- Stir together flour, salt, and pepper in separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to cheese mixture, stir to blend or use hands to work in flour.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured board or pastry cloth, knead gently just until smooth.
- Roll out very thin, 1/8-inch thick. Cut into 4 x 1/2-inch sticks using sharp knife or pastry wheel. Place sticks on prepared baking sheet. BAke for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer