CHILE CHEESE STICKS
- 3/4 cup Flour -- sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Shortening
- 1/3 cup Cheese -- grated
- 3 tablespoons Green chili & juice -- chopped
- 1 Egg white -- (slightly beaten)
- Coarse salt
- Drain chiles and reserve liquid.
- Sift flour & salt, cut in shortening.
- Stir in chiles & cheese.
- Sprinkle mixture with reserved juice, adding water if necessary to make enough liquid to moisten flour so dough can be pressed into ball.
- Roll out dough to thin sheet (1/4" thick). Cut into 1/2x4" strips. Brush with egg white & sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet in 425 F oven about 12 minutes, until lightly brown.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer