POTATO TATIN WITH BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO
- 4 tb Butter
- 4 Shallots -- chopped fine
- 1/2 c White wine
- 1/2 c Cream
- 3 lb Potatoes -- peeled/sliced thin
- 5 Cl Garlic -- halved
- Bouquet garni: rosemary, thy
- pn Nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground pepp
- 6 sl Prosciutto -- paper thin
- 1/2 lb Wisconsin brie -- sliced
- 6 3-inch discs of puff pastry
- Heat butter and saute shallots.
- Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add cream, potatoes, garlic, bouquet garni, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Place several potato slices into bottom of 6 3- inch molds* in circular petal formation.
- Add layers of prosciutto, Brie and remaining potatoes. Top with pastry. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 450- degrees until potatoes are done and pastry is dark gold. Turn tatin out onto plate and garnish as desired.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer