FRIED POTATO SKINS OLE
- 4 lg Baking potatoes
- 1 c Sweet red pepper -- finely
- 1/2 c Green onions -- mince
- 1 tb Margarine -- melted
- 1 1/2 c Fresh corn cut from cob
- About three ears
- 2 ts Chili powder
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 c Sour cream
- 1/4 c Fresh cilantro -- minced
- Vegetable oil
- 2 c Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Scrub potatoes, prick each potato several times with a fork.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until potatoes are done.
- Saute red pepper and green onions in margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in corn, chili powder, and salt, saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Stir in sour cream and minced cilantro.
- Set aside.
- Allow potatoes to cool to touch.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving about 1/8-inch-thick shells.
- Cut each shell in half lengthwise.
- Reserve potato pulp for another use.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 to 3 inches in a Dutch oven.
- Fry shells in hot oil (375~) for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned.
- Invert and drain on paper towels.
- Place shells, skin side down, on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spoon corn mixture evenly into shells, sprinkle evenly with cheese. Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partialy opened) 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer