POTATO SKINS WITH SALSA AND CHEESE
- 2.00 lg Russet potatoes
- 0.75 c Diced, seeded, firm, ripe
- 0.50 c Fresh corn kernels
- 0.25 c Rinsed, drained canned
- -black beans
- 2.00 tb Finely chopped cucumber
- 2.00 tb Thinly sliced scallion
- 2.00 tb Olive oil
- 1.00 tb Finely chopped green bell
- 1.00 tb Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1.00 tb Fresh lime juice
- 1.00 ts Seeded, finely chopped
- -jalapeno or other pepper
- pn Salt, or to taste
- 1.00 ts Olive oil
- 2.00 tb Shredded part-time
- -mozzarella or reduced-fat
- -Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400`F.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly, pierce with the tip of a knife and bake directly on the oven rack until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa: In a bowl, combine the tomato, corn, black beans, cucumber, scallion, 2 tablespoon olive oil, green pepper, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno, add salt to taste.
- Halve the potatoes lengthwise and, using a teaspoon, carefully remove all but 1/8"-1/4" of the potato, leaving the skin intact.
- Reserve the insides of the potatoes for another use.
- Brush the inside of the potato shells lightly with the 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the potato skins cut side up on a baking sheet and broil 3-4" from the flame for 5 minutes.
- Turn the skins over and broil on the other side for 1 minute. Spoon the salsa into the potato skins, dividing it evenly. Sprinkle with the cheese, dividing it evenly. Broil the skins just until the cheese is melted. Serve immediatelty.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer