PEPPERED FARMHOUSE PATE
- 8 sl Bacon
- 1 lb Fresh pork picnic shoulder
- 12 oz Pork liver
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 1 Garlic clove
- 8 oz Veal cutlets
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 t Salt
- 2 t Green peppercorns
- 1 t Dried mixed herbs
- 2 T Brandy
- Extra peppercorns (opt)
- Fresh bay leaf (opt)
- Crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 350`F.
- Remove rinds and bones from bacon and pork.
- Stretch bacon on a board using back of a knife until bacon is almost double in length.
- Line bottom and sides of a 5-cup terrine or souffle dish with bacon.
- Mince shoulder pork, liver, onion and garlic.
- Cut veal in 1/2" pieces.
- In a bowl, combine pork shoulder, liver, veal, onion and garlic.
- Stir in egg, salt, peppercorns, herbs and brandy, mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into bacon-lined dish and smooth surface.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Put into a roasting pan half filled with hot water.
- Bake in preheated oven 2 hours.
- Cool 30 minutes. Top with a plate and place a heavy weight on plate. Cool completely, then refrigerate overnight. Turn out onto a serving plate. Garnish with additional peppercorns and bay leaf, if desired, and serve with bread.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer