Thyme Pesto Cheesecake
- 1 Tbsp Butter -- Softened
- 1/4 C Breadcrumbs -- Fine, Dry
- 1/2 C Plus 2 Tab. Parmesan Cheese -- Grated.
- 16 Oz Cream Cheese -- Softened
- 1 C Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 C Thyme Pesto Or Purchased Pesto Sauce
- 1/4 C Pine Nuts -- Lightly Toasted
- basil Sprigs -- Fresh
- Hearty Crackers
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Rub 1 tablespoon butter over bottom and sides of 9" springform pan.
- Mix br eadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons grated cheese.
- Coat pan with crumb mixture.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, ricotta, remaining 1/2 cup Parmesa n cheese, salt and cayenne in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a tim e, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer half of mixture to medium bowl, mix pesto into remaining half.
- Pour pesto mixture into prepared pan, smooth top.
- Carefully spoon plain mi xture on top, smooth.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Bake cake until center no longer moves when shaken, about 45 minutes.
- Tran sfer to rack and cool completely.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill ov ernight.
- 7. Run small sharp knife around pan sides to loosen cheesecake and remove side s. Transfer cake to a platter or raised cake plate, garnish with basil sprigs and surround with crackers to serve.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer