BASIC CRISPY POTATO SKINS
- 6 ea Medium potatos (about 2 lbs)
- 1/4 c Butter/margarine, melted
- 1 x Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes and pierce each one several times with a fork.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 4 quarters.
- Scoop potato pulp from skins leaving a 1/8" thick shell.
- (Save pulp for another recipe or see below.
- ) Brush skins inside and out with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place skins, skin-side down, on a baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve hot.
- Makes 2 skins per serving.
- FOR LEFTOVER POTATO INSIDES: * Mashed potatoes.
- Add your choice of salt, pepper, sliced green onion, crubmled bacon, shredded cheese and/or fresh herbs.
- Top with bread crumbs, dot with butter and bake until heated through.
- * Saute` chopped onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in potatoes and continue to cook and stir until heated through.
- * Make a potato salad using warm potato insides. Toss with bottled vinegerette dressing or mayonaise, sliced green onion, chopped olives and crumbled bacon. Chill. * Add to soups to thicken them.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer