Warm Brie with Baked Apples
- 4 lg Granny Smith apples
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 1 large wheel brie, unripe
- 1 med onion
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/3 c sliced almonds -- lightly toasted
- 1/2 c grapes -- sliced in half
- 1 loaf crusty bread -- sliced
- Peel, quarter and slice apples.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent discoloring, set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add onions and saute until lightly brown and caramelized.
- Remove from pan to a plate, set aside.
- Add honey and sugar to pan and stir until it has liquified.
- Add apples and continue stirring until apples are almost cooked.
- Add grapes and raisins.
- Continue cooking until sugar has caramelized.
- Pour the apple mixture into a 2 quart ceramic souffle dish or other ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
- Cut brie into 1" chunks and spread evenly over the apple mixture. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese has melted and turned lightly golden. Serve warm with slices of toasted french bread or crackers
This page is made by Pascal Meijer