Baked Artichoke Savories
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon pressed garlic
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 3 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 10 ounces marinated artichoke hearts -- drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion and garlic in sherry until soft but not browned.
- Lightly beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Spoon into a bowl and mix with whole egg, bread crumbs, parsley, dill, cayenne, cheeses, and artichokes.
- Add sauteed onion and garlic. Pour into oiled baking pan. 3. Bake until set (about 30 minutes). Let cool, then cut into about 25 squares. Serve warm or cold.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer