- 3 tb Corn oil
- 1 sm Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 ts Hot chili powder
- 1 1/2 ts Curry Powder
- 1 1/4 c Water
- 2/3 c Crunchy peanut butter
- 1 ts Light brown sugar
- 2 ts Dark soy sauce
- 1 ts Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 lb Boneless sirloin steak
- Lemon pieces (opt)
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (opt)
- To make peanut sauce, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic and fry gently until golden.
- Stir in chili powder, Curry Powder, water, peanut butter and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil, simmer gently until thickened.
- Stir in soy sauce and lemon juice, then salt and pepper.
- Turn mixture into a serving dish.
- Preheat broiler.
- Grease a broiler pan.
- Trim and cut meat in 1/2" cubes.
- Thread (not too tightly) onto 8 bamboo skewers, leaving a space at each end for holding.
- Cover ends with small pieces of foil to prevent burning.
- Place skewers in greased broiler pan.
- Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Cook under preheated broiler 10-15 minutes until golden and cooked through. Turn and brush frequently with oil during cooking. Garnish with lemon pieces and cilantro sprigs, if desired, and serve hot with peanut sauce.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer