Benne Seed Crisps
- 1 Cup Yellow Cornmeal 2 Tbls Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour, 1/3 Cup Cream
- Sifted - Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the cornmeal together with the flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl.
- Mix in the butter and cream.
- Knead the dough until it holds together (6 to 8 times) on a floured board.
- Roll the dough by the teaspoonful on the floured board.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Roll into very thin 4" diameter rounds, leaving the edges ragged.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet until golden (about 15 minutes). Sprinkle with salt while still warm. Store in a tightly covered container. Go well with cocktails and seafood soups.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer