Crispy Baked Egg Rolls
- 1 c Onions- diced
- 1 ts Ginger root- minced
- 4 Garlic cloves- minced
- 2 c Celery- diced
- 1/2 c Shiitake mushrooms- diced
- 1/2 c Button mushrooms- diced
- 3 c Cabbage- diced
- 1 c Bamboo shoots- diced
- 1 c Water chestnuts- diced
- 2 tb Soy sauce
- 1 tb Rice wine
- 1 tb Honey
- 24 Egg roll skins
- 2 tb Sesame oil, dark- warmed
- Heat 1/4 c water in wok.
- Add onions, ginger root and garlic and stir fry until onions tender byt not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add celery, mushrooms, cabbage, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.
- Stir fry until vegetables tender, some 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add soy, rice wine and honey.
- Toss well and place in colander over bowl to drain, at least 10 minutes.
- Stack egg roll skins on a flat surface, with 1 corner pointing away.
- Have a small bowl of water ready.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of drained filling into the center of each wrapper, brush edges lightly with water, fold side corners to center, covering filling, bring bottom corner to center of fold, tuck under slightly and continue to roll into
- a cylinder.
- Seal top corner by moistening slightly and pressing down.
- May be frozen. Before cooking, brush lightly with sesame oil. Bake, seam side down, on nonstick baking sheets at 400 degrees F until golden and crispy, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer