Balsamic Onion and Cheese Picks
- 1 1/2 pounds pearl onions
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper -- to taste
- 3/4 pound Italian fontina cheese -- in 1/3-inch cubes
- cocktail skewers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Blanch onions in boiling, salted water 30 seconds, drain.
- Slice off the root end.
- "Peel" the onions by pressing them slightly between your fingers, the inner part will slip out of the papery skin.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Put onions in a roasting pan, add oil-vinegar mixture, and toss to coat well.
- Bake until tender (about 25 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool in pan. Taste, adjust seasoning as necessary. 3. To serve, place 2 onions and 1 cheese cube on each cocktail skewer.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer