Maya's Chicken Fingers with Two Dips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves --
- (about 4 oz each)
- 2 large eggs -- lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- salt and freshly ground pepper -- to taste
- ---Salsa Dip---
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream*
- 3 tablespoons mild salsa -- (up to 5)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice -- optional
- ---Barbecue Dip---
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- dash Tabasco sauce -- optional
- *or plain yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the chicken into thin, finger-size strips.
- In a small bowl, bet the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken strips and let them soak for about 5 minutes.
- Place the bread crumbs on a plate.
- Lightly dredge the chicken in the bread crumbs.
- Place the chicken strips on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and flip over.
- Bake another 8 minutes, until golden brown on this side as well.
- (If you have cut them very thin, you may need to cook for only 12 to 14 minutes total.
- ) Serve hot or at room temperature.
- To make salsa dip: In a small bowl, mix the sour cream or yogurt with the salsa and lime juice if needed.
- To make barbecue dip: In a small bowl, mix the catsup, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and Tabasco if needed. Serve cold or at room temperature.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer