Fran's Special Pate
- 4 slices bacon, no-nitrate
- 1 pound chicken livers
- 1 chicken cutlet -- pounded flat
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine (or water or chicken broth)
- 4 ounces water chestnuts
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 Boursin cheese
- 3 tablespoons sweet basil
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- (135 degrees C.
- Cook bacon til crisp.
- Reserve bacon drippings.
- Place 2 T.
- bacon drippings in frying pan.
- Saute chicken livers til pink inside.
- Season chicken cutlet with 1 t.
- salt then saute in butter for 3 mins on ea.
- Add wine (water or broth) and simmer 5 mins.
- Reserve sauce.
- Food process bacon, chicken livers, water chestnuts, and eggs and chop until fine.
- Add remaining seasoned salt, Boursin cheese, basil, chichen sauce, and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Pack combined mixture into a large buttered loaf pan.
- Place a heavy weight on top of loaf pan to keep pate from rising. Bake pate for 2 hours. Open oven door and bake for 1 hour longer. Remove from oven, allow to come to room temperature. Refrigerate. Cut evenly into slices to serve.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer