PEPPERED CITRUS OLIVES
- 2 c Green olives (mixed sizes,
- -if desired)
- 30 Black peppercorns
- 1 Lemon
- 6 Lemon thyme sprigs
- 2 tb Olive oil
- Drain the olives and place them in a glass or other nonreactive container.
- Using a wooden mallet or the back of a wooden spoon, hit the peppercorns just enough to bruise or barely crack them.
- Add to the olives.
- Cut the lemon into 12 or 15 pieces, removing the seeds.
- Add the lemon to the olives.
- Rub the sprigs of thyme between your hands over the bowl, dropping some of the leaves onto the olives, then add the sprigs and the olive oil.
- Turn the olives to coat them with the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 24 hours, or up to 3 days before serving.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer