Parmesan Shrimp Puffs
- 1 9-inch pie crust round -- unbaked
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 can tiny shrimp
- 2 green onions -- minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons may
- Let pastry stand at room temperature according to package directions.
- Roll out slightly on a floured surface, increasing the diameter by anout 1/2 inch.
- With a small glass or cookie cutter, cut out 2" rounds out of dough.
- The pastry should yield about 24 rounds.
- Place pastry rounds on a cookie sheet.
- Beat egg white with water and brush each round with mixture.
- Sprinkle with1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese.
- Prick each round twice with a fork.
- Bake at 400F for 6-8 minutes, until light brown.
- Cool. Drain shrimp and mash with a fork. Add green onions, lemon juice, mayonnaise and remaining Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Mound onto cooled pastry rounds, spreading to the edges. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes, or until puffy and golden.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer